Hours of Content: 5
Charge your clients much more money by creating a WordPress website exactly to their requirements.
Create a custom responsive WordPress website for a client using the Genesis theme framework on the WordPress platform.
WordPress provides you with a fairly well-optimised web system. However, combining WordPress with the premium Genesis theme ($59.95) ensures an entirely future-proof, perfectly optimized and responsive web design with the latest CSS3 and HTML5 with Schema markup.
The course shows you everything – from the basics to fairly advanced HTML and CSS tweaking of the child theme.
After you have finished this course you will have learned how to:
· Set up a WordPress website on a host's server (both the manual and "one-click" methods)
· Create a custom "Under Construction" page to display during online development
· Set up the logo and top navigation menu with drop-downs
· Set up a blog on it's own separate page
· Set up social media profile link widgets and understand widgets in general
· Add content and images to the website's pages and the blog posts
· Create and style up new sidebar widgets
· Two ways of adding and editing an image slider with overlaid text
· Use CSS media queries to ensure the site displays correctly on all browsers and all possible devices (phones, iPods, iPads, tablets, laptops, etc.) – completely understand responsive design
· Create a contact page with a contact form
· Create an email subscription list and sidebar form with incentive to join – the most important tactic of internet marketing
· Display a "favicon" for your site for the browser's address bars (as well as for iPod Touch, iPads and iPhones)
· Display a higher resolution logo for retina screens
· Plus much more!
I would advise anyone taking this course to have the Genesis theme framework although it isn't 100% necessary.
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to create a website for themselves or other businesses – for which you could charge $3000+. I have gone into everything in great detail so there's no need to worry if you have very little knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS and/or PHP.
The course would be particularly useful for people who wish to run their own web design business as you would be able to charge four-figure fees for creating a bespoke website like this.
What are the requirements?
- Genesis theme framework
- Computer & internet
What am I going to get from this course?
- create a WordPress website
- create an email list and email capture signup form
- learn about browser's Developer Tools, HTML and CSS
- understand how to get WordPress to show any sort of page you like
- be able to create a website for a client and charge $3000+
- understand media queries and making a website responsive
What is the target audience?
- those wanting to produce websites for other people and charge four-figure fees
- those wanting to be able to set up a WordPress website for themselves